Variable Tuition for Financial Need
The Variable Tuition program at Liberty Christian School is designed to objectively match a family's tuition rate according to demonstrated financial need.
In keeping with its mission to provide a “holistic college-preparatory education,” Liberty Christian School offers need-based assistance for grades K–12 to provide access in an affordable way to a wide range of students with “diverse backgrounds and means.” The Variable Tuition award process at Liberty Christian School does not discriminate. Making regular tuition payments signals a family’s commitment to participating in the life of Liberty Christian School.
Liberty Christian is committed to providing variable tuition to families with demonstrated financial need. The purpose of the variable tuition program is to make a Christian education accessible and affordable to more families. No family should assume that a Christian education is out of reach solely for financial reasons.
Variable tuition at Liberty is determined by the availability of funds each year and a family's demonstrated ability to pay educational expenses. Income alone does not preclude the possibility of variable tuition as several factors are weighed, including income, assets, expenses, and the number of dependents.
- There is a charge of $48, payable to FAST.
- Variable Tuition is first assigned to current families. The deadline for current families is in December.
- If Variable Tuition funds are available, newly accepted students may begin the process when directed by the Admissions Department. If the Variable Tuition is not acceptable to the family, the enrollment fee will be refunded. The application fee for admission and for FAST are non-refundable.
- After you complete the online application, you will be required to mail your most recent, but no later than 2018, tax returns with all schedules and W-2s to FAST.
- Any questions about the application process can be directed to FAST at 1-877-326-3278.
- Once an application has been processed by FAST, it will be reviewed by the Liberty Variable Tuition committee. Decision letters will be sent to families after this process. Because of limited funds, Liberty may only be able to meet a portion of the demonstrated need of each family.
For questions please contact Tuition Assistance.
- Who can apply for Variable Tuition?
- Should I apply for Variable Tuition?
- Does applying for Variable Tuition affect Liberty Christian School’s admission decisions?
- Can I complete the FAST application in paper format instead of online?
- Does Liberty Christian School offer a sibling discount?
- How are Variable Tuition awards determined?
- What documents do I need to submit in addition to filling out the FAST Variable Tuition application?
- What if my tax return has not been filed in time to submit it with my aid application?
- What if I have children at other schools that charge tuition?
- What happens in cases of parental divorce or separation?
- What allowances are made if one parent cannot be located or refuses to complete the application?
- What is your policy for parents who are homemakers?
- What happens if one or more parents/guardians in the household is/are self-employed?
- Is there a limit to the assistance available?
- Is the aid awarded for one year only, or for every year my child attends Liberty Christian School?
- If my family has an unexpected financial emergency, can I apply for Variable Tuition after the deadline?
- Can I still apply for Variable Tuition after the deadline?
- When will I know if I have been awarded Variable Tuition?
- Can I appeal the Variable Tuition decision if I believe it is insufficient?
- Will my family have to repay the Variable Tuition?
- What happens if I do provide inaccurate details on the FAST application?
- Will my Variable Tuition status and information remain confidential?